The Account Manager in the healthcare practice has primary responsibility for internal and external communications account management activities across 3-4 accounts, with support from multi-disciplinary teams and senior levels of management. S/he has a strong, demonstrated capability in relationship and project management, and a passion for health care and integrated marketing communications with a strong working knowledge of the healthcare media environment. S/he helps to build the company’s healthcare practice via engagement in new business development, client and account management, and the creation and implementation of annual plans and project plans. S/he also may supervise interns and associates.
- Responsible for exceptional client service and account management activities for 3-4 accounts.
- In collaboration with account associate and project management staff, drive flawless and timely project execution and high-touch client communications.
- Develop draft of presentations, creative briefs, PR materials and other internal/external communications.
- Ensure client feedback is gathered, understood and addressed as appropriate across deliverables.
- Participates in development of clients’ marketing strategies and tactics; collaborates with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure consensus around tactics’ scope and approach.
- Support overall account development, fiscal performance and growth.
- Partner with functional area-experts within the agency in support of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Documents status and otherwise communicates need-to-know information to all project stakeholders; monitors scope creep and budgets, ensures progression along critical path.
- Sets meetings, provides agendas and contact reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional environment within the public relations, communications, and or advertising industry.
- Experience in healthcare and is highly desired.
- Must be highly organized, mindful of deadlines, able to multi-task and work under limited supervision.
- Have a professional presence, perform with a sense of urgency and with a profound client service orientation.
- Able to communicate with managers critical information.
- Able to devise and articulate solutions to problems on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent business communication ability including informal/formal presentation and writing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- High energy, able to effectively operate in fast-paced, growing and evolving environment.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, with a track record of following through on client requests and with high-quality deliverables on schedule and on budget.