WCG is currently seeking a Digital Account Leader (Group Director) with solid client services experience who can lead client engagements and oversee project work that covers strategy development, analytics, creative design, and digital execution, and who can work with the leadership team to drive new business efforts. This individual will also build out our account management team.
This role will oversee ~$10M in annualized business, acting as client-facing, strategic day-to-day lead on multiple accounts. The ideal candidate will understand and can harness the power of analytics, drive strategy and partner with clients to bring it all together.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing and delivering marketing communications programs across multiple channels
- Maintain and grow strong client relationships by partnering with clients
- Understand client’s business, industry, competitors, key drivers, environment, etc.
- Identify and refine the client’s core value proposition; define target audiences, competitive advantages, brand attributes and key messages
- Work across W2O Group to pull in the right resources / people at the right time to execute on strategy and grow business
- Conduct briefings for internal team outlining specifics of project, business objectives, client strategy, requirements, budget, and schedule
- Ensure projects stay on strategy, on schedule, and on budget by meeting regularly with internal departments to review work, discuss timelines, and track finances
- Monitor all program execution and help define internal processes to ensure that all client work is executed smoothly and efficiently
- Has a strong network to assist leadership team in identifying and pursuing business growth opportunities both with existing clients and with new clients; driving development of strategic plans and pitch decks; attraction and recruitment of talent
- Accurately scope / budget projects and ongoing work and develop / refine proposals and SOWs working with W2O ops team
- Lead teams, coach and develop junior colleagues when appropriate
- Be a champion of W2O values and WCG culture
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree (BA or equivalent), with concentration in Business, Communications, or Marketing; a Master’s is a plus
- 15+ years of experience in marketing and strategy development; preference given to experience in Healthcare, Pharma, BioTech and Consumer
- Deep experience with digital development process (discovery, design, development and deployment)
- Experience leading digital programs from strategy and planning, through creative and execution in market.
- Mix of agency and client experience is a plus
- Direct, hands-on experience with clinical trial design and management, legal/medical/regulatory processes, commercialization and DTC/DTP marketing
- Balance of experience across PESO type activities
- Conscientious, self-disciplined, and able to work independently in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Proven project and team management abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)