The Digital Business Analyst will achieve this by facilitating and participating in internal work sessions as well as stakeholder interviews, analyzing requirements, creating business requirements, functional specifications, scenarios, and process flow/ Use Case diagrams. He or she will be expected to develop necessary training documents to support new and enhanced applications and sites. The Business Analyst must have a strong understanding of the lifecycle of technical development and foster communication between technical and non-technical audiences ensuring technology solutions fulfill the client’s business needs. They will work closely with Solution Managers, UX leads and Technical staff in delivering projects for small to mid-size projects.
- Ownership, elicitation and documentation of business needs and business requirements
- Ownership, delivery and documentation of functional requirements and specifications by applying experience and understanding of object-oriented design and use case modeling
- Liaise between Client Services, UX, Strategy and Technology teams to ensure quality solution that delivers business results
- Act as primary requirements go-to person during the design and build phase of projects
- Identify and subsequently define required tests and co-lead test planning and execution
- Participate in testing and lead the effort to identify requirement and solution gaps and resolutions
- Evaluate the performance of the business solution, identify opportunity for improvement and refine targets for future releases.
- 3-5 years of industry experience with at least a year of experience in a client-focused Business Analysis role
- digital experience preferred
- agency experience
- experience using wordpress
- ability to work in a fast paced environment, shorter timelines, wear multiple hats
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage small sized to mid-size engagements with multiple project tracks and teams and the ability to interact with clients of various levels and industry backgrounds
- Ability to design standards for Business/Technical Analysis with regard to customer approaches, software development methodology and life cycle
- Experience in collaborating with both user experience lead and a technical architect to create solutions for end users
- Familiar with software development processes
- Understands Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of Test Plan development and QA processes
- Should demonstrate working knowledge on mainstream web solutions such as web analytics, content management, web search, campaign management, ecommerce, etc.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and thorough, and have extremely high respect for quality control
- Strong communication skills, internally and externally, with ability to be the communication bridge between user experience and technology