tWist Marketing of W2O Group is an integrated marketing agency with expertise in brand strategy, creative development and communications services. We work with clients to craft their positioning strategy and connect with customers across multiple communication channels. We are looking for driven, savvy game changers who are ready to dive into the trenches and make an immediate impact.
The majority of clients come from the healthcare sector with aspirations to expand into non-healthcare markets over time while continuing growth in healthcare. The current scopes are diverse and include multiple disciplines: PR, CTR, digital and social marketing, internal communications, branding, analytics and tech dev. Our clients know us as an integrated, solution-oriented consultancy to whom they can trust – regardless of project scope or scale.
We are currently seeking a Group Director for a high profile role within the agency, acting as the deputy to the CRL (client relationship leader) on one of the largest and fastest growing accounts in W2O Group. We anticipate later this year that this person will step into the CRL role.
- Combines high-level of strategic counsel, with an ability to manage integrated teams to deliver consistently against fast moving programs across the client’s portfolio. Must be comfortable navigating the boardroom, while leading from the front in helping new and, in some cases junior teams, be successful
- Partners with the client relationship leader to manage and deliver on the integrated strategic experience for clients that have demonstrated a strong sense of partnership and are willing to try new approaches to achieve business goals
- Serves as catalyst and execution leader for strategic counsel and planning/execution to deliver against plans
- Has track record in working with multi-disciplinary teams to bring in leads in analytics, digital, creative, strategy and planning to deliver integrated counsel and solutions
- Has experience in accessing and engaging an agency senior leadership team to inform and refine client counsel and experience
- Leads teams by example and likes being available to mentor and working fast moving teams through clear communication of goals and expectations
- Track record in building strong execution teams who are known for high level of work product, delivered in a timely manner to budget
- Must be willing to try new approaches and be out of comfort zone consistently, but have the skills to build trust among clients (and agency leadership) and push them to new levels in their partnership
- Partners closely with Account PMO (project management office) to ensure account is being running smoothly from a resource perspective and profitability, and is positioned for growth
- Leads on identifying resourcing and talent gaps across the account. Works closely with PMO, Resourcing and Recruitment to consistently adapt and update team.
- Manage a team of leaders across core business units, while engaging senior leadership to guide/counsel as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in a Public Relations agency
- Experience in leading and motivating a large international team across multiple time-zones and offices to smoothly deliver for the client
- Proven track record in growing accounts organically and successfully embedding as they scale
- Must have managed budgets of +$5M in the past
- Clear communicator who is able to give strong and consistent direction to a large team. Used to delegating to ensure that they are able to scale to be successful
- Experience in oncology, neuroscience and corporate communications helpful, but not required
- Has proven experience in serving role of “firefighter”: an ability to go into challenging situations create alignment among teams and clients to move work-streams back to a steady state of success and profitability
- Enjoys building bold solutions to big problems, a level of comfort in doing first of its kind programs and accountable to teams and clients
- This person will need to be Chicago based and be willing to be on site with client a couple of days week
- There will be some US and International travel