WCG, part of W2O Group, is an integrated marketing agency with expertise in brand strategy, creative development and communications services. We work with clients to craft their positioning strategy and connect with customers across multiple communication channels. We are looking for driven, savvy game changers who are ready to dive into the trenches and make an immediate impact.
WCG is currently seeking a Group Director for its healthcare practice to work within its growing medical device portfolio who has solid client service experience in the medtech space and can lead multiple client engagements. This individual will be tasked with overseeing strategy and tactical execution across one of the firm’s largest clients. S/he will be responsible for management of many teams and disciplines, including corporate communications, thought-leadership communications, product communications, media relations and social media, all while growing the business organically across these verticals. The position offers great opportunities for an individual with a passion for medical devices to lead and grow teams that work on exciting, cutting edge projects with the largest medtech firms in the business and a fast-track leadership opportunity within WCG’s healthcare practice. Knowledge of value-based healthcare and the current dynamics within our changing healthcare system is necessary.
- Manage multiple client engagements across one of the firm’s largest clients ($3M+) in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships through exceptional client relations skills.
- Seamlessly flex between big picture strategic development/ad hoc guidance, and assure execution of associated tactics are flawless.
- Guide the client(s) on communications decisions, identifying new opportunities to contextualize their brand in a changing healthcare environment.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with key media channels to ensure our services are executed strategically and appropriately.
- Develop high-level and persuasive communications plans (annually, quarterly, etc.), while also offering up strategic/opportunistic communications recommendations on a regular bases
- Lead operational efforts and be accountable for the financial performance of engagements through close management of budgets and team members.
- Manage client budgets, budget tracking, staffing and billability.
- Ensure the quality of the account team(s) is held to the highest standard and that all client requests are handled in a strategic and timely manner.
- Partner with the marketing and shared service leads to run and grow integrated business (marketing, PR, social media, digital, creative), and to develop new business opportunities.
- Directly supervise account staff and promote continuous learning and development to help build a high performing culture.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in an integrated communications agency or in medtech
- Experience working with clients within the medical device industry is a must
- Knowledge or familiarity with value-based healthcare or healthcare policy is necessary
- Understanding of the ever changing digital landscape
- Exceptional presentation skills — both verbal and written, formal and informal
- Highly organized, proactive and a critical, creative thinker under pressure
- Project management experience, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage detailed budgets
- Supervisory skills, with ability to manage and cultivate junior staff and effectively collaborate with subcontractors
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated experience developing direct reports and influence-managing matrixed teams a must
- Exceptional organizational skills leading to flawless execution of tactical plans is required
The position requires some domestic travel for client meetings and conferences (15-20 percent).