W2O is at the forefront of an historic change in global healthcare.
Highly regulated health organizations can only break new ground by going deep to understand their audiences so they can reach them with actionable messages.
Broad and deep industry experience
- Digital Health
- Device and Dx
- Provider and Professional Associations
"Our job is to help our clients reach those audiences with messages that break through and resonate to drive behavior change. We’re in the unique position of bringing a full suite of integrated offerings to our healthcare clients led by analytics-informed strategy."Emily Poe
Global Practice Leader, Healthcare Communications
Recent awards recognizing healthcare work across W2O
PR News Platinum Awards
Best PSA Sanofi’s “Flu + You”
In2 SABRE Awards — Holmes Report
Best Use of Social (finalist) Pfizer’s “WomanOn”
The Creative Floor Awards
Best Smartphone App Merck’s Saizoom app
Cardinal Health’s View Finder Direct Mailer - Best Use of Relationship Marketing (finalist)
Expansive footprint, global regulatory expertise
We partner with multinational companies to help them shape the complex global healthcare environment and have successfully created and delivered campaigns in over 40 countries. We’re supported by our international team and their multi-language analytics and insights capabilities, along with a hand-selected partner network.
Our approach has been recognised in the awards we’ve won for our global insight-led, creative, multi-channel approach, while our senior leadership team regularly contributes to Social Media Week, SxSW, and other industry and client events, helping shape the future of the worldwide healthcare ecosystem.
W2O has amassed the leading media relations team in the business.
"I can genuinely say that W2O has the best earned media relations team in healthcare today. Not only do we pride ourselves on our relationships and experience, but our unique analytics also gives us an unfair advantage to ensure we’re working effectively with our colleagues across the PESO channels to meet our clients’ objectives."
W2O is known for our 300+ PR professionals, but our 20+ staff of earned media healthcare experts is a core draw for our healthcare clients. We’ve attracted the top talent from the leading news outlets and PR/digital agencies representing virtually all core areas of healthcare: global pharma, biotech, baby biotech, medical device, med-tech, rare disease, consumer health & top healthcare systems.
Market research and insights via the most advanced tech in the business
Our capabilities span qualitative to quantitative, including primary market research. We lean on a diverse range of data sources and methodologies, giving our clients robust audience-centric (not channel-centric) insights into thought and behavior. Our best-in-class analytical methodologies leverage AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language), and instead of just delivering reports, we consult to help our clients build cutting-edge teams, best-practices and technologies.
Analysts, Data Scientists & Researchers
Custom Healthcare Database
One proprietary tool we apply in healthcare is our MDigitalLife ecosystem. Over 850,000 Physicians, Advocates, Patients, Media are indexed in 173 countries, with doctors mapped to national identifiers (in the U.S., National Provider Identifiers).
- Healthcare Professionals
- Media Outlets
*Each dot represents 100 Stakeholders
& Key Execs
Analytics Driven Report
Social Oncology Project 2018
“We looked at everything from the topics that make up the global oncology conversation to narrower examinations of hashtag communities and the way that they bring patients, caregivers and providers together.”Read Analysis & Get Report
4 Research Frameworks
Want to read minds? W2O’s healthcare analytics are basically the closest you can get. Our approach spans a wide variety of research frameworks to uncover the needed insights about the brand and/or category.
- Language and lexicon used to discuss disease and treatment
- Emotions, concerns, questions & barriers, and challenges
- Perceptions and experiences on treatment
- Sentiment drivers
- Underlying reason for engagement
- Demographics and patient type engagement
- Usage of channel and engagement
- How do patients utilize tools for support and education?
- Impact on QOL and behavior
- Online Impact - how often are specific HCPs mentioned?
- KOL Metrics - how often do they publish and conduct research?
- Online Influencer - how frequently do they post? How well does it resonate?
Healthcare mar-comms needs healthcare experts
With 150+ healthcare clients in play at once, we recognize the need to have medical experts on staff. Our scientific strategists leverage a deep understanding of the science behind established and emerging therapies to strengthen two core pillars of our offering:
This colors everything we do, from setting off in the best direction to streamlining the approvals process.
Situational assessments, positioning development & creative platforms
Mechanism of disease/MOA stories & core disease/product messaging
"We uncover and leverage deep scientific insights to build best-in-class scientific strategy and storytelling. Our team works closely with analysts, brand strategists, and creatives to drive highly differentiated positioning and communications."Ujwal Pyati, PhD
Head of Scientific Strategy
Tech drives healthcare marketing
The only way to be impactful today is focusing where your targets naturally are, and making sure content is perfect curated and adapted to their needs. That’s still not the industry standard, but for our clients, it is
"The astonishing immediacy and personalization of tech have transformed our lives and disrupted healthcare. At W2O, we’re proud to drive this work with analytics-informed digital activation."Michael Spitz
Practice Leader, Strategy
Value & Access
Deep experience helping clients understand & respond to a rapidly changing pricing climate
Success or failure in the health care marketplace means understanding the nuances of a fragmented system where every stakeholder sees spending in a unique way. That means we’re engaged in daily discussions of everything from gross-to-net spreads to point-of-sale rebates to the weighting of health-state utilities in value frameworks. The goal: give each client a complete picture of the complex access and reimbursement needs of each stakeholder that is grounded in data.
Drug Pricing, Reimbursement & Access Stories
With a prepared narrative that’s been proven to be received well, your conversations can adjust to be more proactive and less reactive.
- Early drafting of product/value and/or corporate proposition that match the realities of the market
- Using social, influencer and organizational analytics and research to drive more efficient investment in early commercial resource planning, market development ad pre-launch planning, identify essential risks and effectively scenario planning with commercial teams
- Assessing risk around value, pricing and access decisions at both a brand and policy level
- Crafting value-driven communications to protect and defend brands with critical stakeholders, from media to payers to employers
- Partnering to more deeply understand (or underscore) where their “value voice” could/should be in their marketplace
- Coaching executives, spokespeople and subject-matter experts to more effectively articulate pricing and value messaging
- Crafting value-driven communications to launch, protect and/or defend brands
- More deeply understand (or underscore) their “value voice” and how to activate around it to improve their market position (corporate/category/brand)
- Design integrated marketing execution plans across customer-facing, brand and corporate functions to impact market performance/acceptance of brands
"The new trifecta: efficacy, safety and value. Companies won’t succeed without proof of all three supported by modeling and visibility in their target markets."
Practice Leader, U.S. Market Access
"It’s no longer enough to get a new therapy on the market. To succeed, companies have to prove they’re bringing value to a dizzying array of audiences… and communicate that proof to the right people, in the right way. We’ve built an analytics-driven approach to tackling that challenge from the ground up."
Managing Director, Value & Access
Value-Focused Newsletter & Podcast
Value Report (Newsletter)
We learn from each week’s top insights in biopharmaceutical pricing and value, so why keep them to ourselves? W2O Group's weekly wrap-up and analysis of industry news.Subscribe (Free)