Time to Imagine a New Way to Gain Insights – Local is Finally Ready for Prime Time
We no longer refer to analytics in the traditional way. We call what we do “forensic analytics”, since we are looking for clues and patterns that will lead to insights that can solve problems or shape behavior for our clients.
Within the world of forensic analytics, we work in 3-D. There are three critical views necessary to build a meaningful perspective on how a market is being shaped.
- #1 – History – we want to know what the patterns of behavior have been over a 1-3 year period….or longer..
- #2 – Present – what is happening today/this week in a key country or region? What do people care about, overall?
- #3 – Location – what is happening at the store/event level? What is igniting passion at the point of sale/customer decision?
Said another way, we look deep, daily and door-to-door.
Our clients already know the first two well. The third capability is now available via unique lens technology provided by our partner, SnapTrends.
We can place a lens over any location anywhere in the world. More importantly, we can place lenses, proactively, over locations where we know we’ll want to turn them on someday.
You can build a global location-based network for your company or organization that can be turned on when you want it.
We’ve spent the better part of a year ensuring we can build the right ways to catch this data, so that it can be useful to our clients and it matches up with historical and present data. After all, if you just get a lot of info, who cares. It has to be filtered so we tease out what insights are relevant and actionable and it needs to relate to our algorithms and models.
Now it does and our first four products are ready to go. The first is Retail Radar, the second is Political Radar, the third is Event Radar and the fourth is Workforce Radar.
All four have these traits in common.
You identify “where” you want to measure. For example, place a lens over all retail stores in a country or region or at your event sites or voting districts. There is no limit. You decide what you want, we create the lenses and then we only turn them on when you need them.
You measure “what matters” at the store or event or facility level. You’ll learn what content and topics are catalyzing passion and driving behavior.
Our model will then help you determine “how” to follow-up. Do you want to follow-up via social media, e.g. follow key people on twitter? Or do you want to share important content in near real-time to fuel conversation further? Where should the insights go, since different insights go to different people in your organization.
Finally, you can analyze “why” a trend is developing. What message or content is accelerating or decelerating in importance at the store or event or district level.
There is a lot more to share, but…..
- Imagine if you outlined all locations and events that matter to you for the year, so you could learn what was happening and have it sent to your laptop or tablet or phone.
- Imagine if you could tell what was actually happening at the store level to see if passion and action is happening and figure out what is happening in Store #1 in Atlanta vs. Atlanta vs. Georgia vs. Southeast vs. U.S.
- Imagine if you could track all of your company’s physical locations to ensure that no sensitive information was being shared publicly.
- Imagine if you knew of an issue occurring at one of your facilities as soon as people start talking online or you could drop a lens over any issue in real-time to learn faster than those gathering news of the issue.
There are many scenarios to imagine. We’ve thought of most of them and you will think of others. We’ll save that information for our next conversation.
All the best, Aaron Strout, Michael Westgate & Bob Pearson