With all of the hiring W2O Group/WCG have done recently, we wanted to take a little time to let our partners/customers/employees get to know some of these new employees better. To that end, we are conducting a blog series that asks some of our new employees to answer five questions — some straightforward and some that show our more playful slide. Via this process, we’re hoping to give our readers a little better sense of who we are. In the fifth installation of our series, we talk to our newest executive creative director, Doug Rockhill.
- [Aaron] Welcome to the W2O Team. We’re looking forward to working with you. For our first question, talk a little bit about your past experience.
[Doug] I spent the last 16 years working in the NYC area trying to gaining experience from the most talented people I could find , spending time at RGA, JWT, and the Wonder Factory along the way, including my last five year running a creative group for Rosetta. I’ve been lucky enough to work on some of the largest brands in the world and sit next to people far more talented then I was.
- [Aaron] What is your “super power?”
[Doug] My super power is being a father, I have three crazy boys all under five, so yes, it takes parenting super powers, luckily my wife’s parenting super powers are a lot stronger then mine.
- [Aaron] If you could work with any company as a client, who would it be and why?
[Doug] Trek. I love bikes, so combining my hobby, exercise, and career into one would be great. And Trek is an American company with a global foot print, making products that help people stay healthy and have fun.
- [Aaron] How do you stay up to date on latest trends/industry news?
[Doug] Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, all the normal channels, the key is following the right people…
- [Aaron] Finish this sentence… “The agency of the future is ________.”
Thank you Doug. We look forward to hearing more about your creative ways!