Brand erosion, decreasing market share, and tightening budgets were making it difficult for Jackson Hewitt to capture new customers in the competitive online and in-store tax prep industry. Digital marketing had been under-utilized as a way to drive the consumer and franchise sales businesses. Jackson Hewitt’s online reputation suffered from neglect without a social strategy to address prospects and support customer needs.
Sentient was brought on as the digital agency of record for Jackson Hewitt to launch a multi-channel digital campaign to drive consumer engagement and tax returns, generate franchise leads and to improve the online reputation of the brand. The solution was comprised of:
- New enterprise web destinations for consumer and franchise prospects to help promote the brand and the 6,000+ store locations
- Introduction of an online tax preparation service for self-service consumers
- Develop and launch social initiatives focused on positively impacting the brand’s online reputation
- Comprehensive digital media strategy focusing on both national and local opportunities to drive in-store and online tax returns
- Measurably drove* offline and online tax preparation through digital media, as well as social and online destinations with a 3:1 ROI demonstrated YoY
- 20-30% performance improvements YoY for 5+ years
- Introduced the #1 cost effective channel for driving franchise leads and sales
- Social efforts drove a significant volume of positive buzz in social channels and Page 1 results for branded searches
*Data points reflect indicators of success for the brand. Specific ROI performance metrics are confidential.