- LIVALO is a statin medication used to manage cholesterol levels and is the only branded treatment in its class. However, it had low awareness among HCPs and patients.
- Since the market is highly genericized, differentiation did not exist in the minds of our target audience, so physicians automatically prescribed their preferred statin, sometimes without considering patient needs.
- Create a multidisciplinary consumer and professional campaigns to differentiate LIVALO from the generic statin market. We combined traditional market research with social analytics and leveraged insights to inform strategy and content for DTC and HCP digital, public relations, and social media plans.
- Target digital media initiatives were informed behavioral data acquisition models to find the most qualified audiences for LIVALO through paid, earned, shared, and owned (PESO) channels, sending patients and HCPs to branded and unbranded websites to drive action.
- Implement a PR campaign that was designed to improve the doctor-patient dialogue and was supported by social media as HCPs and patients shared their positive experiences.
- This integrated approach to marketing and communications represented a turnaround moment for LIVALO. In the campaign's first year, W2O delivered a provable 3:1 ROI for all marketing efforts by adding 35,000 new, verified patients.
- Adding supplementary capabilities, including an integrated communications program and social engagement, continued to build on campaign momentum in subsequent years.