Effective Date: February 1, 2018 (last updated Febraury 6, 2018)
These Properties are Not Intended for Children: Our sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries "COPPA Information Request." Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
Your California Privacy Rights: If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com. or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your letter or email that you are a California resident making a "Shine the Light" inquiry.
Information We Collect
We and third-party service providers may collect information from you including your name, address, phone number and email address when you interact with the Properties including when you, for example, post on a public space on our Properties, make a request, register for newsletters or other communications through the Properties, participate in surveys or in a blog, submit a job application, as part of employee onboarding or when you contact us.
We and third-party service providers may also collect information such as:
- Browser and device information including mobile device type, mobile network, IP address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system.
- Geographic location information - identifying only city level, state and country.
- Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable information provided by you.
- Information about how you use the Properties.
- Aggregated information.
We collect information about users over time when you use the Properties. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons. We may do this on our Properties and in emails that we send to you. We may have third parties collect information this way on our behalf. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have. Our business partners, vendors, and clients may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
How We Use Data
We and third-party service providers may use information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To administer sweepstakes, contests and other promotions.
- To send to you administrative information, including information regarding the Properties.
- To send to you, through us or third-party service providers, marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- For our business purposes including, without limitation, data analysis, product development, enhancing the Properties, improving our services, processing applications and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- As we believe necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law; (2) to comply with legal processes; (3) to respond to requests from public or government authorities; (4) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, you or others; or (5) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- For other reasons we may describe to you.
How Information may be disclosed
Information may be disclosed:
- To providers who facilitate you making online applications for jobs with us via our Properties, including Lever (https://www.lever.co) and EnBoarder (https://enboarder.com). They use your data under their own privacy policies accessible at https://www.lever.co/privacy-policy and https://enboarder.com/privacy respectively.
- To our affiliates (including within our W2O Group of companies), business partners and clients, to permit them to send communications such as marketing content, information on co-sponsored programs and details on events and products.
- With third party social media, analytics and digital advertising partners whose technologies interact with our Properties and who support our operation of the Properties and who also collect non-identifiable information about you and use it for their own purposes and those of their other clients (including to support interest-based advertising). Please our Ad & Cookies Policy to understand more about these relationships and how you can opt-out of this data sharing.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- As we believe necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law; (2) to comply with legal processes; (3) to respond to requests from public or government authorities; (4) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, you or others; (5) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; (6) to investigate potential fraud, including fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion; or (7) to share your information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner's list.
We use standard security measures. The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
We keep information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
Choices And Access
You have choices about how we use your information. You may opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates: If you do not want to receive marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out from receiving such emails either by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the email or by clicking on the link here. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that, if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your information from the databases of unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request.
You can change or remove your Information and Posted Content. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete the information that you have previously provided to us or have made available on a Property, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make clear what information or posted content you would like to have changed or removed. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that such request does not ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of information or content posted on a Property as we may need to retain certain information or content for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information or content that will remain within our databases and other records that will not be removed. We are also not responsible for changing, removing or suppressing information or content from the databases of unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your information or content.
199 Water Street
New York, NY 10038
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email messages to us.
© 2018 W2O Group. All rights reserved.