Innovation is hard. Done properly, it takes an unrelenting commitment and endless hours spent in service of seeking out that which is new and useful. This pursuit must not take place in a vacuum as it requires guidance and purpose. Innovation must be for the benefit of one’s key stakeholders which in W2O’s case are our clients, employees and ecosystem partners.
At W2O, we take this mission very seriously and it’s why for over a decade we have invested so heavily in SXSW, a 10-day event based in Austin, TX; one that is a rooted in innovation, discovery and disruption.
Each year, we approach SXSW with a renewed perspective and commitment to finding the pulse on what matters most to our clients and those within the healthcare ecosystem. This year is no different – we’re back and more health-focused and client-driven than ever before. We’re thrilled to feature clients on each of our official panels, showcasing our shared mission of making the world a healthier place through marketing and communications.
Below is a breakdown of our invite-only events – if you’re interested in attending, please reach out to our events team.
Sunday, March 15th
PreCommerce Health Innovation Summit: We will be hosting a full day of thought-provoking content, featuring speakers from the world’s top healthcare companies, discussing the hottest topics in the industry.
GeekACue: Following our PreCommerce Health Innovation Summit, we will host our 11th annual GeekACue party. This is one of the hottest parties during SXSW – so space is limited. Per tradition, we will have delicious BBQ and an amazing lineup of musicians: Hannah Gill & the Hours and Shane Smith and the Saints.
We’re excited to announce that this year, for the first time, we will be hosting one-day of healthcare-focused SXSW official programming as part of the Health and MedTech track. Below is the schedule of our official content, our confirmed speaker list, and our 2020 session recommendations. Happy SX, looking forward to seeing you in Austin next month!
W2O SXSW Health & MedTech Programming | March 16, 2020 | Agenda*
The LINE Austin, Topaz Ballroom
9:30 – 10:30 AM | The Patient Advocate Perspective
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Investing in Game-Changing Innovation
12:30 – 1:30 PM | Treating and Mapping the Brain: Neuro Advancements
2:00 – 3:00 PM | Value and Access in a Healthcare-Centric World
3:30 – 4:30 PM | A World Without Non-Communicable Diseases?
5:00 – 6:00 PM | Build, Not Buy: The Future of Health Innovation
W2O SXSW Health & MedTech Programming | March 16, 2020 | Confirmed Speaker List
- Timothy Attebery, CEO, American College of Cardiology
- Samina Bari, Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs, Aimmune Therapeutics
- Abbie Celniker, Partner, Third Rock Ventures
- Nancy Conrad, Founder & Chairman, Conrad Foundation
- Patrick Dey, Vice President, Global Head Digital Health & Innovation, Amgen
- Stacy Feld, Head, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, West North America, Australia and New Zealand
- Ryan Flinn, Innovation Communications Leader, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- Rita Glaze, Practice Leader of Commercial & Market Access, W2O
- Robyn Hannah, Senior Director of Global Communication, Dynamic Signal
- Karin Hehenberger, CEO, Lyfebulb
- Mike Huckman, Global Practice Leader of Executive Communications, W2O
- Hsiao Liu, Global Practice Leader of Healthcare, W2O
- Steve Madden, Editor in Chief, MM&M
- Barbara Pinto, Practice Leader of Executive Communications, W2O
- Mark Reisenauer, Senior Vice President of Oncology, Astellas Pharma
- Jennifer Schneider, President, Livongo Health
- Shawn Springs, former NFL player and CEO, Windpact
- Menassie Taddese, Regional President of Emerging Markets, Pfizer Upjohn
- Jim Weiss, Founder & CEO, W2O
SXSW 2020 Session Recommendations*
- The Advertising Research Foundation (ARF) will be hosting a panel on “Why Emotions in Advertising Matter” on March 17th from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM, featuring W2O’s own Chuck Hemann, Practice Leader of Digital Intelligence & Activation.
We hope you can join us for any/all of our events.
*These events require an official SXSW badge.