It is that time of year again… South by Southwest (SXSW). Once again, our company will be hosting some awesome events leading up to (and slightly overlapping with) SXSW Interactive. For those not familiar, SXSW is a giant conference/festival comprised of three parts: Interactive, Film and Music. Given the importance of Interactive or “digital” to our clients’ business, we take this opportunity to invite many of our clients and partners to town to learn, network and celebrate.
Recap video from our awesome 2015 events
Our signature event, the PreCommerce Summit, takes place on Thursday, March 10 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and is packed with speakers from well-known brands like Bayer, Hewlett Packard, Best Buy, Medtronic, Intel and Overstock.com. We will also have thought leaders from companies like Techonomy, Politico, NewCo and Crowd Companies providing a look at what the future holds in store. This event focuses squarely on innovation and its fast-paced formats (10 to 20 minute TED-like talks, power panels and pithy fireside chats) allow for learning on steroids. And of course there is the networking.
This event will be attended by about 450 plus customers, partners and other industry thought leaders. A cocktail reception will follow with special WILCO side project, Autumn Defense. The event is complementary, but invite only. If you are interested in attending, please email us at email@example.com. In that email, be sure to provide name, title and company. We will also be live streaming the event if you can’t physically be there. Registration is open to the public.
In addition to PreCommerce, we also host a digital brunch at our swank offices located in East Austin. If you like food trucks, cold-brewed coffee, music, cocktails, cool demos and lost of interesting people, you will enjoy this. We have also ordered sunny weather so this is a good opportunity to work on your tan.
Every SXSW, we do our best to cover “what’s next” in the world of business. This year, we’re planning to host an event called “Movers and Shapers” (formerly GeekFest) on Saturday at CB’s (the new VIP event space at Stubbs) from 10:00 A.M – 2:00 P.M. Speakers include senior level marketers and thought leaders from companies like Intel, AbbVie, Galderma, Techonomy and Bayer. Featured speakers will include Ray Kerins, SVP Comms. & Govt. Relations at Bayer and Robert Scoble, Futurist at Rackspace.
In addition to these three amazing events, we will also host our seventh annual Geekacue Saturday night at iconic Stubbs BBQ on Red River. This year, we’ve booked Red Bull Sound Select artist, Not in the Face along with new festival darling, Black Pistol Fire (check out their video below).
If you need more proof that these events are amazing, check out my 2015 wrap up post.
You can find information on all of our events here.
Thursday, March 10th: Sixth Annual PreCommerce Summit – It will be a series of 10 minute TED-style talks, panels, and fire side chats.
- Eventbrite here (password required – email firstname.lastname@example.org to request invite)
- Zach’s Theatre: 1510 Toomey Rd, Austin, TX
- Sessions run 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Cocktail Hour from 5:00-6:00PM featuring band, Autumn Defense
- Live stream available for those not able to attend coming soon
- Complementary but invite only.
PreCommerce 2016 Speakers Include:
- Jeremiah Owyang, Founder/CEO, Crowd Companies
- David Kirkpatrick, CEO, Techonomy, author of The Facebook Effect
- Lord Peter Chadlington, Founder of Shandwick and Huntsworth Group
- Susan Glasser, Editor in Chief, Politico
- John Battelle, CEO of NewCo and founder of Wired & The Industry Standard
- Hugh Forrest, Director, SXSW Interactive
- Mark Young, CMO, Sysomos
- Gail Day, Editor, Harvard Business Review
- Greg McCullough, Senior Director Partnerships, Medtronic
- Becky Brown, VP Media, Intel
- Amy Hoopes, CMO, Wente Vineyards
- Amy von Walter, VP, Best Buy
- Shiv Singh, SVP Global Head of Digital & Marketing Transformation, Visa
- Manny Kostas, SVP and Global Head of Platforms & Future Technology, HP
- Graham Weston, Founder/Chairman, Rackspace
- Peter Cherukuri, President, Politico
- Chris Heuer, Founder, Will Someone (and Co-Founder, Social Media Club)
- Bob Pearson, President, W2O Group and author, PreCommerce
- Natalie Malaszenko, CMO, Overstock.com
- Kush Parikh, CEO, Pay by Phone
- Julie Borlaug, Associate Director, Borlaug Institute
- Nick Beim, Managing Partner, Venrock
- Josh Makower, Managing Partner, NEA
- Alex Gruzen, CEO, WiTricity
Friday, March 11th: Digital Brunch (350+ director to CMO level brand marketers/digital/social folks expected)
- RSVP Here (no password required)
- 3000 East Cesar Chavez, Austin, TX
- 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
- Food trucks, music, innovative demos, coffee, brunch, and mimosa/Bloody Marys to fuel your first festival day
- Shuttles available from the Stephen F. Austin Hotel starting at 9:45am
Saturday, March 12th: Movers & Shapers Summit (150 director to CMO level brand marketers/digital/social folks expected)
- RSVP Here (password required — email email@example.com to request invite)
- Stubbs BBQ — VIP area called CB’s — 801 Red River St, Austin, TX
Movers & Shapers Speakers confirmed include:
- Robert Scoble, Futurist, Rackspace
- Ray Kerins, Head of Comms. & Government Relations, Bayer
- Patrick Moorhead, President & Principal Analyst, Moor Insights
- Javier Boix, Senior Director, StoryLab, AbbVie
- Michael Jarjour, CEO, Otsuka Digital Health
- Amber Naslund, SVP Marketing & Chief Evangelist, Sysomos
- Michele Skelding, SVP, Global Innovation & Tech, Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Natanya Anderson, Sr. Marketing Director, 365 by Whole Foods Market
- Kyle Flaherty, VP, Solutions Marketing, Rapid7
- Josh Kampel, President, Techonomy
- Jayant Murty, Director Brand Strategy & Chuck Hemann, Director, Digital Analytics, Intel
- Anita Yuen, Global Head of Digital Fundraising and Engagement, Unicef
7th Annual Geekacue: Saturday, March 12th: (800 director to CMO level brand marketers/digital/social folks expected)
- RSVP Here (password required – email firstname.lastname@example.org to request invite)
- Stubbs BBQ – 801 Red River St, Austin, TX
- 6:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M.
- Roundtrip shuttle available from the Stephen F. Austin Hotel starting at 4:45 PM
- To RSVP contact email@example.com (space is limited)
As you can imagine, space is limited at these events so please make sure to RSVP soon. And if you do RSVP and decide after that you can’t make it, please be courteous and let us/me know that your slot is available.