In anticipation of the Sisters film release on Blu-Ray DVD, Universal and W2O Group partnered to test Universal’s current paid social targeting strategy against W2O’s strategy.
W2O Group aimed to identify target audiences that spanned beyond typical “Female Comedy” viewers, in order to reach a wider range of potential viewers. The objective was to outperform Universal's current paid social media campaigns on various KPI metrics (CPC, CTR, CPM).
W2O’s methodology utilizes a proprietary Socialgraphics analysis that provides both breadth and depth leading to a stronger matched look-alike. We used the findings from the Socialgraphics analysis for two main purposes:
- First, the affinity and keyword outputs of the analysis allowed us to understand what makes the Sisters audience unique from the general population, and were used as paid social media targeting inputs to define our campaign audiences
- Second, we used those same affinities and keywords to inform our creative development for the ads we serve to target audiences
This combination of tactics gives us a holistic approach to paid social targeting serving customized content to uniquely-targeted audience members.
W2O’s ads outperformed Universal’s current paid social campaigns on Twitter by 48.21% on CPC (cost/click) and 47.57% on CPM (cost/1,000 impressions) while Twitter CTR was exactly equal.
- W2O’s ads outperformed average ecommerce CPC on Facebook by 63% and CPM by 59%, based on a global study by Nanigans from Q3 2015.
- W2O’s approach generated approximately 9.1MM impressions on both social media platforms
- W2O’s ads collectively drove (on both Twitter and Facebook) around 76,000 clicks.